Mile 108.13 - There's a plaque on the towpath that reads:
The first evidence of a mill here was in 1790. The mill was typical
of grist mills which sprang up in this area to serve farmers in the surrounding
countryside. Grain and flour could be loaded onto canal boats right from the
mill. This property had been in the Charles family since the mill was built.
The mill closed after the 1924 flood which ended the commercial life of the canal.