Mile 69.36 - The aqueduct that crosses Antietam creek is a three-archer, still standing. Note that the middle arch is wider than the two ends.
Antietam village was an ironworks from 1764 to 1860 and beyond, and even made cannon balls for the American Revolutionary war. Pictured here is yet another lime kiln, all that's left of the village. Although this is not visible from the canal, it is close and on the banks of the Antietam River which was its source of power.